In Novemer of 2017, the Clinch Valley Times discontinued its printed edtion in favor of an electronic edition. Our e-edition may be the paper’s most significant technological change since its ancestor, the Tri-County News, switched from a small mimeographed news sheet to a full-sized newspaper printed on a rotary press.
The Clinch Valley Times’ long story began in 1938, when Rev. Finis Dake (author of the Dake Annotated Reference Bible) and his wife, Rev. Dorothy Dake, moved to St. Paul. In addiiton to printing religious tracts, they began publishing a local newspaper, the Tri-County News. The couple set up shop in a small building behind the old St. Paul Assembly of God. To help bring in customers, Mrs. Dake began serving fresh homemade donuts once a week.
Over the years, the Tri-County News changed ownership several times. In the 1950’s, a new name was adopted – the Clinch Valley Times. In the 1960’s, the paper gained a wide readership and featured local news, social events, sports coverage, and a heavy volume of advertising.
In 1975, the Clinch Valley Times settled into a new building at 16541 Russell Street in St. Paul. We’re still there…
Today, the Clinch Valley Time is operated by David Gregory, Owner/Publisher, and Jerry Couch, Editor. We write stories, conduct interviews and take photos. Like all good executives. we also sweep the floors, take out the trash, and fix what’s broken.
The Clinch Valley Times is committed to survival, which means we give our customers what they have told us they want. To paraphrase Mark Twain, “Reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated.”
Call us at 276-762-7671, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org